Your Groom Wedding Speech and How to Please Everybody

Unfortunately the groom wedding speech isn’t a completely free piece of writing – it is there as a way to make sure you don’t leave anyone out. It took me a long time to realise, but basically it’s about keeping everyone happy to ensure your wedding day goes perfectly!
Thanking The Right People
One of the first things I incorporated into my grooms speech was to thank just about anyone who had got me to where I was on that wedding day. Whether that was my lovely bride, my best man, everyone who gave me advice – I made sure to thank them. And don’t forget the father of the groom wedding speech! He will often have something to say about you, so it pays to have something positive to say about them. Always thank him first and foremost before continuing with the rest of the speech.
Mentioning Your Family
Even though I had told the story a million times, I thought it best to start my grooms speech with a story about how I met my beautiful bride. This always goes down well, and is a great crowd-pleaser for all of those who have made such an effort to be there on your big day.
Next, I will try to add in anecdotes or praise of my family. After all, this is an important occasion and probably your best chance to show the special people in your life what they mean to you. Even if they didn’t directly help me with the wedding, they still played an important part in my life as a whole.
Remember, your wedding day is about the love for your bride, but it’s also about having family and friends around you. Even though I was really nervous about my groom wedding speech, it didn’t take me long to realise that it isn’t too hard to please everybody if you’re careful!