Funny Groom Speeches – Finding the Perfect Jokes

One of the most important elements of many wedding speech is that it must be funny. It doesn’t all need to be funny, but funny groom speeches are a great crowd-pleaser – so long as they are still poignant all the same and don’t offend anyone.
Even though I wanted to be funny, I still kept it in my head that it had to be respectful. The father of the groom had his own speech, so I wanted to thank him for that and not tread on his toes and insulting him or his daughter! Goodness only knows how any of those kind of jokes would have gone down!
The Secret to Good Speech Humour
The use of humour in my own wedding speech really helped to make sure that everyone kept listening properly. I used it at different times as a way of grabbing attention and making sure they were focused. In any toast, the groom should be the centre of attention and keep it that way, as well as directed onto his bride, of course!
The best way to use this tactic in my experience is to interject your regular speech with a few good jokes. Say emotional things, then add a little humour to keep everyone relaxed and focused. I was pretty nervous and emotional, so this also really helped me as well as the audience!
Another great funny groom speeches tip I learned is to be informal and interact with the audience. This isn’t a lecture – it’s a toast! The groom should always feel like they are having a conversation with old friends, which largely will be the case.
Make eye contact with the audience, and don’t fix your gaze in one direction constantly. I found that practicing with friends really helped me to improve this technique before the big day.
When it comes to funny groom speeches these tips will get you off on the right foot. For an even better idea, try using a few wedding speech examples.